Welcome to Happiness Habits for Families! Explore and enjoy the helpful habits on the right => under the Pages Heading. Print your own Happiness Habits for Families cards below.
1. Always Coach In Positive Terms - Paint clear pictures of what you want to achieve and explain why it works so well. Emphasize the benefits and rewards of doing right and the dangers doing things differently. Encourage and empower people to excel and do well.
2. Avoid the Fault Finding Feel Goods - Criticism corrodes confidence, leaving people deflated and confused about what to do. Criticism focuses on negatives. Describing what is wrong or bad does not communicate what is right or good. Use clear, positive images.
3. Fuel Your Life and Your Work with Fun - Decide what you’re going to do and find ways to enjoy it. Creatively reinvent difficult, dreary or distasteful tasks to make them fun. Tie tasks to meaningful goals, turn tasks into games, plot progress, celebrate achievement!
4. Be Guided by Goodness -Live by only the highest and best values, goodness, honesty and truth. Our Focus Determines Our Feelings. Focus on doing good helps us to feel good.
5. Practice Being YOUR Best Self All of the Time -Continually trying to do YOUR best and be at YOUR best brings happiness, success and makes your best better over time.
6. Use Errors to Improve Performance - Ask, “What can I learn from this?” Do I need to learn new skills, strengthen existing skills or connect to what I know more effectively? Reassess priorities, energize motivation, redouble determination to excel and do well.
7. Don’t Beat Yourself Up When You Make Mistakes - Beating yourself up reinforces errors you want to avoid. Turn remorse and regret into positive action items that help strengthen skills, build confidence and develop more successful strategies for the future.
8. Drive Discipline with Desire - Discipline is a key to happiness and success. The secret to successful discipline is to desire something good more than what tempts you.
9. Choose Your Mood and Attitude - Decide how you want to feel. Rebel against things that try to get your down you or drain your spirits. Don’t hand control of your thoughts, actions or feelings over to people or things that try to hurt, anger or depress you.
10. Move From Problems To Solutions Quickly - Worrying about problems is very different from solving them! Let good goals determine your actions and direction.
11. Begin and End Each Day Happily - Give yourself a big warm, comforting hug, cultivate eager enthusiasm to create a great day! Turn each day into an exciting adventure.
12. Love Powers Happiness - Happy people love expansively and extensively. The best way to excel and do well is to love what you do. Love powers happiness and success.
Copyright 1999- , Michele Moore. All Rights Reserved. This material may NOT be published, broadcast, redistributed or rewritten without written permission from the authors. Explore HappinessHabit.com and HappinessBlog.com for more happiness insights!